Sunday, April 21, 2024

I Knew it. I could just feel it.

     The things I see are not always the things I see. An example of that would be the time I was zipping down the highway and spotted a coyote that had been unsuccessful in trying to cross the road.

    I immediately felt bad for the poor critter who was probably just trying to get home.  I didn't want to see it anymore than I already had, but as I passed along side of it I could see it was simply a large piece of tire.

    Another time I was sure there was a deer laying dead along the edge of the road.  As I got closer, instead of being Bambi, that one turned out to be some sandbags left behind by a road crew.

    OK, here's the thing; I'm not always wrong. Just today, we're heading home from shopping, when Sally spots a yard sale sign.  I hang on for dear life as we make a two-wheeled U-turn.

    We found the house having the sale.  Across the street are woods, with a sign that says, please park here.  We do.  I wait in the car while she trots over to look for bargains.  Now keep in mind, I'm facing nothing but trees, leaves, bushes and carnivorous mosquitoes.

    I strongly sense that something is watching me.  I don't see anything but the feeling is almost overwhelming.  I can hear yard sale voices behind me, but I can't really turnaround that much to see anyone.  Then I remembered my cell phone.  I may not be able to see too far into the woods, but I can snap a picture and then zoom it.  That should give me a better look at whatever it is watching me.




Current View




Got Ya!




















 

 





1 comment:

Pauline said...

Oh My Gosh! That tiny little lizard or gecko or whatever on the branch?? Now if it were Big Foot I could understand. But then again, you wouldn't even hold the one I got for you at the State Fair one year.