Monday, May 16, 2022

the virus

 

And as I looked out, I could see that the squirrels were pixels, jumping about, chasing each other on my lawn.  Each tree across the road was a computer program all its own.  The Oak followed a set of rules that had been programed into it, the Elm, flickered in the sunlight, as if it had contacted a virus of some kind.  The entire landscape before me, already set in motion, was simply running its course, but where did I fit in?  How is it that I could be so haphazard in thought, willy-nilly in my adventures?  Suddenly I felt like a rogue, a piece of the puzzle that had run amuck.

Yet somehow, I was already running my Monday program.  I checked my emails, turned on the coffee pot and was now running my grumbling program.  At seeing no new emails, I always ran my grumbling program.  It’s what I was set to do.  As a diversion to get my mind onto something else, I just start typing.  I look around, I see that the squirrels were pixels, jumping about, chasing each other on my lawn.  Each tree across the road was a computer program all its own.  The Oak followed a set of rules that had been programed into it, the Elm, flickered in the sunlight, as if it had contacted a virus of some kind.  The entire landscape before me, already set in motion, was simply running its course, but where did I fit in?  How is it that I could be so haphazard in thought, willy-nilly in my adventures?  Suddenly I felt like a rogue, a piece of the puzzle that had run amuck.

Yet somehow, I was already running my Monday program.  I checked my emails, turned on the coffee pot and was now running my grumbling program.  At seeing no new emails, I always ran my grumbling program.  It’s what I was set to do.  As a diversion to get my mind onto something else, I just start typing.  I look around, I see that the squirrels were pixels, jumping about, chasing each other on my lawn.  Each tree across the road was a computer program all its own.  The Oak followed a set of rules that had been programed into it, the Elm, flickered in the sunlight, as if it had contacted a virus of some kind.




No comments: