Thursday, May 5, 2022

It's all yours

 

    At one point I found myself staring at a blank screen.  I’m not sure why but I just started typing.  What you are reading right now is what I typed, and now I’m typing this part here.   I have no idea where I am headed with any of this, but so far you seem to be sticking with me.  I like that.  Either you are crazy too, or we are just both adventurous.  Let’s go with adventurous.

    Actually, I have never used that word on my resume, even though I’d consider this little excursion somewhat adventurous.  Throughout my working life my resume was always just sort of ho-hum.  It reflected a bland life, which is what I was living at the time.  I wasn’t really a risk taker, even though I tended to jump into situations that were way beyond my understanding or abilities.  (More stupid than adventurous)

    I tended to take things literally.  When I heard someone talk about a quarter horse, I expected to see some disfigured section of animal laying there, maybe looking up at me with its big, brown eyes, waiting to be put out of its misery.  To me, Big Ben was some guy walking around London telling folks what time it was.  None of my flash cards in grade school came with pictures so I just assumed.

    The problem there, of course, is I always thought there would be assault charges on anyone who struck a happy medium.  I’ve heard some people say they wish they had my brain - but trust me, it’s no picnic.  Don’t get me wrong, from a distance I come off as normal, but get too close and there is a strong chance I’ll start talking.  That’s never a good thing.

    Okay, well I can see I have ruined this blank screen.  I have filled it with gibberish and sprinkled a little nonsense here and there.  Now what do we do with it?


Zobostic Corwin
Left 2 Write





No comments: