Thursday, May 26, 2022

There will never be enough string

 

I know that finding this Blog has not been easy but you get 5 points for adding it to your favorites.  I’m impressed.  I’m sure you’ve noticed by now that nothing here is actually worth your time, but hey – what else were you doing?  

As you can see from the side menu, this thing has gone on for years.  Feel free to wander around back there.  I especially think you’ll enjoy the liberties I’ve taken with my photography.  I expect someday it will be hanging in the National Art Gallery, maybe not out where it can be seen by the general public, but back in the janitor’s room.  I know he enjoys my humor.  

Anyway, I tend to look at this Blog as a time-capsule for my brain.  It is a running history of my thoughts, antics and feeble attempts at serious.  You’ll notice I have failed 100% at being serious.  It just isn’t in my nature.  My sarcasm, however, has no problem slicing through the politics of the day.  I have tossed that in at no charge.

I’m going to interrupt this for a minute.  I just fixed a cup of coffee.  It is a little pod and says 1850 on the top of it.  This is not my usual, so it has, for the moment, captured my attention.  It tastes like the coffee you have when you’re out camping, or you’ve just brought in a herd of cattle and now you’re sitting around the campfire, thinking back on that rattlesnake that almost got your boot.  Boy, that was a close one. Too close if you ask me.  

Anyway, here’s the thing about jumping out of the way; I believe there to be a direct correlation between a person’s age and their ability to react to a situation.  Take for example this 1850 coffee… Oh sure, I could have side-stepped this little pod, grabbed my usual coffee and gone about my day, but I didn’t.  This could, of course, come up to bite me later.  Time will tell.

Okay, so let this be a lesson to you.  You get to a point when the weight of your kite string pulls down harder than the lift the breeze is giving to your kite.  It will never make it up to the ionosphere, no matter how much string you have.


zc



No comments: