Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Winds - out of the West, light and variable

 

 

I find it just a tad insane, how weathermen are treated.  It’s as if the general public won’t believe it is raining unless they see some schmuck standing out in the thick of it.

And you know, the cameraman is the smart one.  He isn’t the one to get splashed when a car goes zooming by.  It’s the news lady who has just sat in the make-up chair and spent hours getting her hair just right that takes the wall of high-speed gutter water on the chin.

I’ve seen them in lightening storms reporting to the masses that it isn’t safe to be standing outside in a lightning storm.  I’ve seen them in blizzards, when the wind is almost knocking them off their feet.  How stupid is that?

Television is all about the ratings.  I suggest that during sweeps week, only CEO’s, Chairman and station owners stand outside and report the weather.

 

I’d watch.

 




No comments: