Sunday, March 20, 2022

Mankind - is not.

 

The BBC has put together a five-disk DVD set called Planet Earth.  It comes in a fancy package and I’m sure was quite expensive.

Disk 1:  From Pole to Pole, Mountains and Fresh water.

Disk 2: Caves, Deserts and Ice Worlds.

Disk 3: Great Planes, Jungles and Shallow Seas.

Disk 4: Seasonal Forest and Oceans Deep.

Disk 5: The Future, Saving Species, Into the Wilderness & Living Together.

 

As many of you know, I never watch any Hollywood movies that have animals in them.  I have yet to find anyone in La-La Land that has a lick of sense.  Movies designed to amuse children are forever including someone cruel and who goes out of their way to mistreat the animal.  Even their cartoons reflect cruelty and a sadness that never should be a part of their storytelling.   Hollywood simply does not have the mental capacity to know how animals should be treated.

Now, I discover the BBC is no better.  Out of the five disks, I tried to select the one that would avoid disgusting images of animals eating other animals, and yes, I know that is part of life, but it needn’t be a part of my entertainment.

I selected the first disk.  Perhaps in this disk they could simply show the landscape, the rivers and maybe have a little gentle music in the background.

Now, because I trusted the BBC to have a modicum of good taste, I’ll forever have the image of a wolverine gnawing on the carcass of an antelope in my head.


Trust me when I tell you, we should not be sending rockets up into space in search of intelligent life.  From what I have seen, Man will never be a friendly, social animal, and that is reflected daily in his actions.  Just turn on your television and take a look.


Okay, now turn it off.  It's not worth watching.



ZC

  

No comments: