Friday, December 11, 2020

Today's Date

 

A Letter to You,

 

Hi.  First I’d like to thank you for reading my blog.  I know it is 99.9% gibberish and nothing here really amounts to anything, yet here you are, day after day.  Sometimes you even let the important things go just so you can come and see what I have written.  That is impressive but I hope you are not becoming obsessed with it. 

I mean, I haven’t heard you vacuuming in a while, and I know last week you were going to get the oil changed in your car but instead you put it off.  You came in here and spent – I forget how much time, just looking back over some old posts.

What is it you are hoping to find?  Did you see something once that caught your attention and now you can’t remember what it was, or even if it was here in this blog?  Nothing should be that important that you put your life on hold for this.  I guess that is why I thought I had better write to you directly, you know, before this gets out of hand.

Here’s what I suggest, try limiting yourself to just one hour a day.  It doesn’t matter when, any hour of the day, but make it the same time every day.  That way you won’t end up sitting here for hours at a time.  You do know, don’t you, that you only have so many days left?  No, I haven’t heard anything.  I’m just saying, the clock keeps ticking no matter what you are doing, so don’t waste your life staring at this screen.

I’ll tell you what, whenever you are not in here just turn out the lights in the room, maybe close the blinds.  Just make it dark.  That way when I’m here working on this blog I won’t be looking at your empty chair.  I’ll just know that something more important has come up and that you will be back later.

I wouldn’t suggest that you be gone for days at a time.  I mean, remember – I will be looking at a dark room, wondering what you are doing, where you have gone.  Maybe you’ve forgotten about me.  How am I to know?  There are other blogs out there, some a lot fancier than this.  Maybe you’ve outgrown me.  It is all together possible you’re tired of me.  Who could blame you?  Look at this…  It’s pathetic; no moving animation, very few pictures. No spark.

 

And Left-to-Write, now what’s that all about?  Who needs it?

 

I’m outta here.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: