Sunday, November 22, 2020

Think about it...

 

I picked up this font the other day, don’t worry – I had gloves on.  It seemed a little scrunched up and dark, so I tried a few things.  The first thing I did was to make it a little bigger.  There, that is easier to read.  The problem came in when I noticed my fingers were all black.  Even wearing gloves, this font was making quite a mess.  This would never do. Please excuse me, I’m going to go and wash my hands.

OK, I’m back.  I had to get rid of that horrible font.  Here’s the thing, even though it was making a mess everywhere, it had a wonderful fragrance.  As I typed, I could smell something so familiar.  I couldn’t quite put my finger on it, but even now, thinking back on that aroma, I long to have it back.

Now I wish there was actually scented font so you could not only read a cookbook, but you’d be smelling what the finished product would smell like.  How great would that be?

If I were to write about Sherwood Forest, as you read it you would be smelling the scent of the woods, the leaves, and the moss.  Everything I described would come to life in fragrance.

Of course, taking this idea a step further, Writers like Stephen King could vividly describe some nasty crime scene, while the stench made you nauseous.  Okay, not so much on that one.

I’m going to go and think about this for a while.  I’ll let you know what I come up with.

 




1 comment:

Pauline said...

Well now that is a cool thought! I went to "Wings Over Washington" and as I sat upon the bench, my feet dangling watching Washington State pass before my eyes; I could smell the ocean air and feel the wet breeze from the ocean, and hear the calls of the seagulls. This craziness also happened when I visited "Wings over Canada". The wheat fields have a marvelous aroma. So, your idea is not so far fetched - although, you are probably correct about Steven King!