Wednesday, November 18, 2020

I didn't sign up for any of this

 

It seemed a slow transition, even though it has taken years.  What I mean is, presently I am old enough to vote, old enough to drink, drive a car and see an X-rated movie.

  The problem, I am also old enough to not want to do any of those things.  I am old enough to know that I should pay attention to tripping hazards when walking around the house.

  I am old enough to remember the feeling of hitting a double in the ninth inning, but also old enough to know I shouldn’t try to run the bases.

I think when my independence set in, my growing older should have at least slowed down.  It didn’t.

Now I am old enough to realize the doctor doesn’t really see me, all he sees is just another senior citizen coming in with aches and pains.  I’m also old enough to suddenly be seen by the auto insurance company as a risk, and viewed by my grandchildren as an ATM.


I enjoy being retired, but I’m not sure I like where this is headed.





zc




1 comment:

Pauline said...

I understand completely and agree! One of the things I did not want when I grew up was to be wrinkled!