Tuesday, July 14, 2020

I am

However, I don't think.




I expect that may put a damper on your whole philosophy, but the fact remains, I am simply here taking up space.  I serve no purpose.  My function is to be - and nothing more.

Some, of course, will argue that the state of being is a purpose onto itself.  I don't understand that.  Like I said, I don't think.

Had I the ability of cognition I could perhaps contemplate the conditions and hazards of the ocean, I could mentally navigate direction and retain past and present events, and in so doing avoid such things as pollution, larger fish that might find me appetizing, and fishing nets.

But I have no such ability.  I have, unknowingly of course, swam through schools of predators, bumped into jellyfish, and started sentences with the word but.  Hey, that's one of your rules, not mine.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.  I like my life.  I can, with very little effort, swim this way or that, fast or slow, here and there.  If, for whatever reason I'm feeling lazy, I can just flow with the current, going wherever it takes me.  No one is poking me with a fork or dipping me in tarter sauce.  I am pretty much left alone.

I anticipate that after posing for this blog photo I will become a little famous.  Hey - it could happen.  You saw me, didn't you?  One never knows.  Look at Charley the Tuna.  He got some big contract with Star-kissed.  He doesn't even have to swim anymore.  He's got fish of his own that swim for him.


I'm just saying...













No comments: