Thursday, April 30, 2015

Wednesday, 03/30/05


 

The roots of the unexpected are woven deep within an unrecognizable tangle of surprise.

I must report that as of Wednesday morning, Mr. Clement Baker remains missing.  His brother has been called in from Portland and the search area has been extended into Snohomish and Skagit Counties. 

Our local paper ran an article about the search and for some odd reason felt obliged to include all of the various crackpot phone reporting's over the past two days.  I myself must admit to having a propensity for humor and not always at appropriate times, however, I believe printing some of the reports they did was in extremely poor taste.  Enough said.

The off chute to Monday’s coastline search was the discovery made by a fellow tugger of a sunken vessel just 6 miles south of the lighthouse.  Dive teams are scheduled to resume investigating the wreckage this weekend, weather permitting.

Early reports suggest that the sunken ship showed up as beeps on the depth finder aboard the Laura-Lynn.   Bill Saunters, Captain of the tug, reported that the bow of the sunken ship very much resembles the front of a Viking Ship.  I find this hard to believe but I will hold my skepticism in check. 

This has been an adventurous week so far, and although it’s good for my Blog I think I’m ready to get back to a simple, quieter routine. 

If I get pictures of the mystery ship I’ll post them here.

Have a great week, and write back when you can.

 

ZC

No comments: