Thursday, January 1, 2015

The Waiten Sea

We’d pledged our love and sealed our fate
beneath the Banyan tree
and promised there to meet again
down by the Waiten Sea
 
Our hearts were young – our love was strong
Heaven filled the skies
I felt it in her soul that day
and saw it in her eyes
 
Now back from war this tattered soul
to greet my Sarah Lee
so filled with love and longing
beneath the Banyan tree
 
Not cross the fields of clover
do I see her coming here
Not carried on the summer breeze
that drew our hearts so near
 
Where is my love who promised then
when youth was ours to be
long before this war and age
gave such a look to me
 
What’s happened to my dearest love
where is my Sarah Lee -
whose promise is a promise gone
down by the Waiten Sea
 
Long past the beating of my heart
forever at my post
through August moon and winter’s start
to be the Banyan’s ghost.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: