Saturday, January 24, 2015

Fish Food for Thought


 

Were I to wade out into the surf I expect my feet and toes would appear quite strange to local fish, and perhaps wearing shoes might be misconstrued as shells covering and or protecting such tasty morsels.  Shoelace ends waving freely within the current could be mistaken for whiskers, like those of a catfish, or some salt-water creature having shoelace-like whiskers.

Considering this with some deliberateness I do not expect to subject my tootsies to questionable surroundings like ocean floors or city subways.

For the life of me I don’t know why someone hasn’t yet tiled ocean floors, allowing swimmers the freedom and comfort to wade out several yards without having to deal with the highly questionable and mostly unseen ocean bottom. 

I envision a delightful transition from clean, white sand to a smooth, non-slip terracotta, or perhaps a ceramic mural depicting realistic images of smiling cartoon fish, reassuring the younger and more timid swimmers that their wingtips are safe from harm.

Maybe even an interlocking mat of Legos stretching along coastlines, just below the breaking tide, impervious to corrosion, echo friendly, colorful and fun for the whole family. 

Okay, I will have to consider this idea; less expensive than tile, indestructible and certainly a job creator.  Such a massive undertaking could employ millions of people around the world.

 

I like it.