Monday, September 16, 2013

Episode 9


 

OAK VALLEY

 


 

 

      As we left our newest Oak Valley residents Erick was just opening the front door.

 

Little Tommy:  “Hi, Sir, my name is Tommy.  I deliver the Running Sap, Oak Valley’s only newspaper.  As you see in this free sample (Tommy hands the paper to Eric) it has full color photos, great articles, and lots of Oak Valley news.  For just pennies a day you can have this great paper delivered right to your door.”

 

Eric:  “Well that sounds pretty good Tommy.  Just how often do I get a bill?”

 

Tommy:  “No bill sir.  Like I said, its just pennies a day, and I come by each day to collect them.”

 

Eric:  “OK Tommy, sign me up.”

 

Meanwhile…  Linda is heading down the cellar steps to investigate the Chink, Chink, Chink noise that she and Erik heard while eating their breakfast.  However, before she can get down the steps the phone rings and she rushes back up to the kitchen to answer it.


 

Linda:     “Hello?”

 

O.B. Kuiet:  “Hello, Mrs. Foster?”

 

Linda:  “Yes.”

 

O.B. Kuiet:  “This is Olivia-Baker Kuiet, at the Library.  I think you and your husband should meet with me:  The sooner the better.”

 

Linda:     “What’s this all about?”

 

O.B. Kuiet:  “I don’t believe we should discuss it over the phone.  Come to the library.  Go to the back room.  You will see a book on the table, it is called, The Smallest Bait Shop in the World, by Rod Enreel.  Pick it up and walk over to the micro-fish.  That way I’ll know it’s you.”

 

Well…  Just what is soooo important that the town librarian wants to meet with Eric and Linda?  Moreover, just how many pennies are we talking about?  Tune in again tomorrow when we will hear Erick say, “Linda, Linda, Look at this!”

 

 

No comments: