Thursday, September 5, 2013

Episode 8


 

 

OAK VALLEY

Episode7-5/8

 

 

         Last night while you and the townspeople of Oak Valley were sleeping a roving band of gypsy editors came to town and made two changes you need to be aware of.

 

          First - they changed Marm’s name to Linda (although her hairstyle will stay the same).

 

          Next was a correction on Sparky’s dog tag which previously read: B Positive.  That has been corrected to read B Upbeat.

 

          The management and staff wish to apologize for any inconvenience these corrections may have caused.

 

          We now return to Oak Valley, already in progress…

 


 

OAK VALLEY

Episode 8


 

         It is Sunday morning and Erick and Linda are having breakfast in their new home.

 

Linda: “Look at this Erick.  There is a picture of a dog on the side of this milk carton.  It says, have You Seen Me? My name is Sparky - I was last seen driving a red fire truck heading south on Main Street.”

 

Erick: “Say, do you think the hardware is open on Sunday?”

 

Linda: “Erick, don’t you think it’s just a bit odd?”

 

Erick: “Oh, I don’t know.  There are a lot of places open on Sunday.  I heard the church bells while you were fixing the eggs.  I’ll bet they’re open.  I mean - someone is ringing those bells.”

 

Linda: “Listen,Erick, what’s that?”

 

Erick and Linda listen as a strange clink, clink, clink noise can be heard coming from the cellar.

 

Front Door:  Knock, knock, knock…

 

Linda:  “Someone’s at the door.  Who do you suppose is at the door this early?”

 

Erick: “Well I’ll go see and you can go and check the noise coming from downstairs.”

 

 

Well…  Just how did Linda fix the eggs, anyway?  And what about poor Sparky?  Where oh where could he be?
 
Tune in again tomorrow when we’ll hear O.B. Kuiet, the town librarian say, “Hello, Judy?  Ring me through to the old Miller place.  I’ve done some research here and I think I better warn those people.”

 

 

No comments: