Monday, September 16, 2013

Episode 10


OAK VALLEY

 

 

 

With orders from the Sears Tower in Chicago the Oak Valley Sears Home and Garden Center has been making technological improvements.  The latest is the new bar code system.  Not only is each and every item rung up at the correct price but automatic adjustments to inventories are made as items are sold.  (Impressive, huh?)

 

Meanwhile…  Back at Erick and Linda’s-

 

Erick:      “Linda, Linda, Look at this article in the paper.  Massy Ferguson, an injured farmer being cared for at Oak Valley General was given the wrong bar code and was pronounced Discontinued.”

 

Linda:     “What do they mean - discontinued?”

 

Erick:      “Well it says here that because he showed up as discontinued all treatment and care has been stopped.  Sarah Bellum, the head Nurse, told reporters that Massy’s back injuries have been put on back order and until all this can be sorted out he cannot be seen by the Loading Doc.  He will have to go to Lay-away.

 

Linda:     “Sounds like you just found your first case.”

 

Erick:      (Sly Lawyer smile) “I’ll be back later.  I’m heading over to see Mr. Ferguson.”

 

Linda:     “OK, I’m going back downstairs to see what that noise is.”

 

      Linda heads down the steps and as she reaches the bottom, she sees two shadowy figures swinging picks at the far cellar wall.  (chink, chink…)

 

Linda:     “Excuse me, Hello?  Who are you and what are you doing to my wall?”

 

Shadowy Figure:  “Your Wall?  Just who are you?”

 

Linda:     “I’m Linda Foster, previously Marm Foster.  You know, before the editors came to town.  My husband and I just bought this place.”

 

Shadowy Figure:  (Laughter) “I can’t believe old Chuck sold this place again.  Look, Honey, I’m Fred and this is my wife Blanche.  Did anyone happen to mention the old Miller’s to you?”

 

Linda:     “Yes, but…”

 

Fred:  “Well, that’s us honey.  We’re the old Millers and not only are we still alive but we still own this place and live here.  I’m afraid that you and your husband will just have to track down old Chuck and get your money back.”  (More laughter)

 

Linda:  (Heavy sigh)

 

 

 

Well…  Just what is to become of Sparky?  Does he have enough gas?  And just what are the normal library hours, anyway?  Tune in again tomorrow when we will hear the Parma Police Chief say, “Excuse me, does your dog bite?”

 

 

 

No comments: