Monday, September 16, 2013

Episode 11


OAK VALLEY

 

 

 

            Da Da Dum, Da Da Da Da Dum.  THIS IS THE CITY (PARMA).  As our story begins, Sparky has just been pulled over by police Chief Crawford.

 

Chief Crawford:  “So, where do you think you’re going – to a fire?”

 

Sparky:  “Bark, Bark, Bark.”

 

Chief Crawford:  “Say, this looks like the Oak Valley fire truck that’s been reported as missing.  Come on boy, get in my squad car and I’ll take you back home.  Dispatch, this is the chief.  I’ll be 10-8 till 8:10 with a K-9.  10-4?”

 

            Meanwhile, back in Oak Valley, a small, friendly community just off the freeway in the Blue Diamond Mountains, we find Linda Foster at the micro-fish waiting to see what is sooo important at the town library.

 

O.B. Kuiet:  “Mrs. Foster?  Thank you for coming on such short notice but as you will see this matter could not wait.  What I have here is a copy of your permanent record and I’m afraid that past due library fines from your last residence prevent me from issuing you or your husband an Oak Valley library card.”

 

Linda:  “Well, just how much money are we talking about?”

 

O.B. Kuiet:  “At 5 cents per day I calculate you owe us 160.”

 

Linda:  “WHAT!  How could we possibly owe $160.00 – I only checked out 1 book!”

 

O.B. Kuiet:  “No, not dollars – nickels.  You owe us 160 nickels or $8.00 but even full payment won’t remove the blotch from your permanent record.”

 

Linda:  “Yes, I know -  I’m a school teacher.”

 

 

Well…………… just who would build a room addition in a cellar?  In addition, will Broderick let Sparky play with the siren?
Tune in a gain tomorrow when you will hear little Tommy ask O.B., “Excuse me ma’am, what’s another word for Thesaurus?”



No comments: