Sunday, March 10, 2013

Wise & Otherwise



            I don’t believe that in any given culture there is some arbitrary line separating good and evil.  I think that line exists within each and every individual. All of us possess the capacity for both and every hour of every day we make a conscious decision as to which side of the line we will choose. 


            Of course, if we are politicians the choice is clear.  We choose evil, and we announce it to the World.  “We are politicians.”


            What is right and what is good never enters into it.  Who will give me the most money and get me re-elected?  The “Common Good” is a philosophy bandied about by those who majored in rhetoric.  In real life, they raise our taxes, spend our money putting countries back together that they have just bombed, all the while feeding us trumped up data designed to keep us waving the flag.


            They give themselves free lifetime benefits while keeping us at the edge of despair.  


            If you are a frequent visitor to my blog then you are no doubt taken aback by this serious side of me.  Suffice it to say, I have enjoyed a refreshing beverage prior sitting here at the keyboard.  Drinks have an opposite affect on me than most.  The more I drink the more I tend to sober up, and the more sober I become the less funny congress appears.


            I’ll try not to let this happen too often.


             

No comments: