Friday, March 29, 2013

The $183.00 Kitchen Knife


 

 
          I notice the old board games have been revamped and are now being marketed as new.  Now having computer chips imbedded into them for sound and special effects they are appealing to today’s generation.  I never had Clue growing up but I have seen it played.  It, like Monopoly, was simply a flat, lifeless piece of cardboard that lay quietly on the table while the people playing the game added all the excitement.

 

          If it says “Interactive” on the box, you can bet that the price is 10 times what it was in the old days and for sure that little Monopoly guy is collecting a lot more each time the rest of us pass GO. 

 

          We were in William Sonoma last weekend and I happened to notice a toaster.  It had it’s own display table and looked as though it was bullet proof.  Made by Kitchen-Aid if I remember right and as toasters go, well…

I’ve never seen anything so over-built in my life.  It was truly impressive.

 

          I couldn’t help myself.  I flipped the price tag over and unfortunately let out a noticeable gasp.  Two hundred and fifty dollars before tax and dealer prep.  What in the world can you do to toast to have it be worth $250.00?
 
         Nowhere did I see the word Interactive.  I don’t believe it projected a hologram of the actual toasting process or came with an internal, computerized butter spray applicator.

 

          I do know however what you’ll need when the toast gets stuck and doesn’t pop up.

 

 

 

No comments: