Friday, March 15, 2013

The Old Man


 
 
The old man in the cubicle -
with his white hair.
 
What about him?
 
Why did they hire him -
 
What does he do?
 
I think he’s in Customer Service, you know…
answering the phone.
 
Have you talked with him?
 
No.  You?
 
No.
 
What’s his name?
 
I think its Larry or Bob…
I’m not sure.
 
I’ve never seen him in the cafeteria at lunch.
 
I think he stays at his desk.
 
Kind of strange to still be working at his age –
don’t you think?
 
I guess.
 
I wouldn’t want to be working at his age.
 
How old is he?
 
He’s old for Pete-sake – look at him.
 
He looks lonely.  Maybe we should talk to him.
 
About what?
 
I don’t know.
 
 
Maybe he’s really one of the owners spying on us.
 
Ya, I’m sure that’s how he’s spending his days… spying on us...
 
 
You’re an idiot.
 
 
 
 


No comments: