Wednesday, June 19, 2024

The Swamp

 


I came upon a swamp, I did

to catch myself a bug,

My jar it had, a twist-on lid

I was feeling rather smug.

A sudden pain shot up my leg

I hadn’t gotten far,

A gator had a bite on me

he didn’t bring a jar.

A spider dangled overhead

and lowered himself down,

It seemed I’d bumped into his web

I was the lunch he’d found.

The pesky gator hung on tight

he wouldn’t let me go,

Some water snake just out of sight

grabbed himself a toe.

A fever grew inside of me

with chills and blurry vision,

I couldn’t believe the things I see

was this a bad decision?

But then a shaft of sunlight struck

upon a dragon fly,

How great to catch – but just my luck

it was too late to try.








1 comment:

Pauline said...

Nah - Nope - Couldn't Happen!
Just cannot picture YOU in a Swamp:)