Saturday, June 15, 2024

The Statue of David

 

I began with a massive block of Italian marble.  It was at least 8 feet high, and 4 feet across and 4 feet deep.

My tools included a wooden ladder, a mallet, and several various types of chisels.

I knew in my mind what I needed to chip away.

I also knew there was only so long the apartment manager would put up with the pounding.

So, when he finally showed up to complain, I said,

“David, how about, when I’m done, I name the statue after you?”

He seemed to like the idea, but then asked why I had chiseled it with swim fins on.

“That’s just to make sure it will stand up on its own.  I’ll chip them away when I’m sure.”



Shown here after swim fin removal.






 

1 comment:

Pauline said...

Swim Fins?? How do you come up with this stuff?? :)