Wednesday, August 24, 2022

No wait...

 

Several things needed to happen if I was going to make it across the road and the first thing I needed was perfect timing.  I needed enough space between the cars to allow me to move fast but not so fast that I would trip and fall.  The next thing I would need is to have the driver of the car not be distracted, not be on their cell phone, or facing the backseat yelling at their kids.   I needed them to be paying attention to what was going on in front of them.  And I couldn’t have them traveling so slow as to cause the car behind them to suddenly pull around them to pass.  They would be traveling way too fast for me to get out of the way.

One of the things against my success was the sun.  It was to my left which meant it would be hitting the driver right in the face.  They would have to have their visor pulled down or be wearing sunglasses or both.  Failing those two things, they’d have to be squinting.  None of those things presented a desirable situation.

I remember cousin Larry.  He got halfway across and started second guessing himself, so he turned to go back but then stopped.  What on earth was he thinking?


I didn’t see it myself, but they said when the Goodyear 75R-14 rolled across his body, the acorn that had been in his mouth shot completely across the road.





No comments: