Friday, April 23, 2021

Up Wind

 

I came across a buffalo.  He seemed lost and just a little confused.

 

I asked if I could help.

 

His heavy head lifted a little and his deep brown eyes looked into me.

 

“What are all these buildings?  Am I to be in one of them?” he asked.

 

 There are no buildings here for you.  I tried to explain.

 

“Where do I fit in?  Where am I supposed to be?”

 

Surely not here.  You are a buffalo.

 

“I don’t understand.”

 

You could come home with me.  I have a small yard, and there is grass to eat.  How would you feel about a shower first?

 

 

 Here's the thing,

this may appear as an odd, go-nowhere story,

but it is true.

Eventually I plan on putting his picture

here, but Nelson...  That's what I named him,

Nelson is still a little depressed.

He is very concerned about fitting in.

I'm not sure what that is all about.

I showed him a nickel.

He didn't seem impressed.






No comments: