Saturday, April 17, 2021

A Letter

 

Dearest Friends,

 

It is beyond great fortune that I, at this wonderful season, come upon blank sheets of paper.  Inspired by such luck I have chosen to compile a communiqué to you both, expressing first, a joyful greeting and second a note of concern at seeing our communities fall victim to these dreadful snowfalls.  Surely last year’s wrath remains fresh in our minds, and yet here we are again attired in heavy wools and certainly unflattering footwear.  It is at times like these we must remain strong.

 

I can impart to you an event occurring just yesterday;  Having witnessed an immediate need to clear our driveway, that at least one motor-car might make its way, I – with shovel in hand, commenced to clear, if only slightly, a path whereby myself and any pedestrian might have unencumbered access.  Once having established the path I would then address the width of an automobile. Dressed appropriately for the conditions, I began to push such an accumulation that the majority of the snow felt compelled to escape around the far edges of the shovel, only to leave hazardous and unsightly ridges of snow in my wake.  I could see where this would surely cause me to return to my starting point and attempt to now remove the shoveling residue.

 

Over and over again this overflow condition occurred, causing me to traverse the same real estate multiple times.  This, of course, left me exposed to harsh winds and biting cold far longer than I had originally intended.

 

Being a person of planning, I had – prior to beginning this undertaking, set kettle to stove, that hot tea would be awaiting my return.  Also, and luckily for me, anticipated potential delays and set my wrist watch atop the kettle,  knowing full well that should I become detained beyond reason, the kettle would not boil dry, for – as history has shown, a watched pot never boils.

 

It remains reasonable to find this letter as testimony that my path-making efforts, at least to the postal box were successful.

 

 

 

 

As Always

 

Zobostic Corwin

 

 

No comments: