Friday, November 25, 2022

The World-wide Web

 

I will admit, I wasn’t paying close attention.  I noticed the branch and knew I needed to duck, but I never saw the massive spider web until I found myself struggling to free myself from it. The more force I used to pull free from the sticky web, the tighter it seemed to hold.  I knew I shouldn’t panic but it was too late.  I was already frantic.

A portion of the web was across my face, preventing me from turning my head.  I desperately wanted to look around for, what surely must have been some gigantic spider, but the web was preventing me from moving.  My right arm was tangled in one direction while my other was still down at my side, where it had been as I ducked beneath the branch.   It was an awkward and very uncomfortable position.

If I knew anything at all about spiders, it was their web was where they lived, it was their home, their pantry and refrigerator, and now – I was their home entertainment unit, and my struggling was causing these long strands of fibers to vibrate, which was their security alarm.  

(Or was it their dinner bell?)




I know you hate when I do this, but...


To be continued.






1 comment:

Pauline said...

Waiting..................................
Da Da Da Da Da Da Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa