Thursday, November 10, 2022

My Companion

 

If I were to travel this land with but one companion, its pages should address science and the mathematics of calculations.  It must be wise in both ethics as it is well versed in schnanigians.  It must teach caution and bravery, risk and value.   Discoveries should be random but never hap-hazard.  There should live within it a purposefulness of life and a childlike inquisitiveness beyond all things reasonable.

This companion must be designed to expand with the growing knowledge it presumes.

It should require no page numbers nor index, but carry with it an underlining awareness, falling short of any arrogance.

Weathered and speckled with fingerprints, the mere sight of it must express its value to even the most skeptic of travelers.

This is the document I would treasure beyond railway tokens and brass compasses and by journey’s end I should be well aware of where and how I’ve been.

 

 

          Zobostic Corwin




No comments: