Friday, August 28, 2020

On Retirement


And then it’s Saturday again.

There aren’t any vending machines dispensing bad coffee.

No jammed copy machines.

There are no meetings to attend and zero reports to generate.

A very noticeable absence of shirts to iron and only unpolished shoes in the bottom of my closet.

Never does a bell or buzzer go off announcing the beginning or ending of lunch.

My clothes do not smell of chemicals, there is no pocket-protector on my dresser and lab coats are nowhere to be found.

And then it’s Saturday again.

There are no cars to maintain, no carpools to schedule and no freeways upon which to merge.

Never is breakfast hurried.

I remain oblivious to the time of day.

I take only the calls I want to take, and I ignore all crabby or stupid people.

If I’m by myself I play my music.  If someone else is around I don’t.  I never want to be THAT GUY.  Mr. annoying.

There is never forced or fake gaiety at my birthday.


And then it’s Saturday again.

Never am I restricted to a Number 2 pencil.

I take frequent breaks and never in a designated area.

as a matter of fact...



























No comments: