Sunday, July 13, 2014

Life





The wind – it took my kite from me
As down the beach I ran –
The string slipped from my feeble grasp
My face fell in the sand,

The night, it took my flashlight beam
I use when it’s not day –
It drained my little batteries
Dark got in my way –

I had my army men deployed
In hopes to be heroic –
I led the charge to sofa fringe
But now they’re in the Oreck,

The ground, it took my breath away
When I fell from the tree –
Tiny stars danced in my head
As clouds passed over me,

My neighbor’s dog, he took a bite
When I snuck in her yard –
He was just a little tyke
Boy, could he bite hard –

The Sun, it stole my lovely skin
And wrinkled up my face –
The pizza gave me calories
Expanded out my waist,

Time has ticked my life away
I’ll not put up a fight –
I’ll simply rise up to the sky
And hope to find my kite.


zc

No comments: