Thursday, June 5, 2014

Out of Touch





Which suggests, of course, that not all of my thoughts start at the beginning.  Most, however, do draw to a close at the conclusion.  I have found this to be a good practice as once I am done with a thought – why continue rambling on?  Surely you have better things to do than to be sitting here reading some moron’s gibberish, especially if he or she is babbling on about nothing at all.

But enough about me; let’s talk about you for a moment.  I can see this isn’t your first trip to my blog, but I have also noted that not once have you taken the time to write to me.  What’s up with that?  Have you no comment?  Out of 300 posts nothing as sparked your interest?  Nothing has irked you or caused you to giggle – even just a little?

Either I have lost my touch or you have grown up way too soon.  We all know it’s OK to grow old, but for Pete’s sake nobody has to grow up.  Where is it written that you have to grow up?  See?  Nowhere. 

Oh sure, maybe your older sister snapped at you one day, suggesting you grow up, but that was something just blurted out in the heat of the moment. Let it go, she didn’t really mean it.

If, however, the opposite is true and I have lost my touch then for sure my psyche is in true peril.  Really… Think about it.  This is all I do.  I sit here and write.  I am Zobostic.  This whole thing is called:

 Zobostic Left 2 Write.

How can I possibly keep on writing without being in touch?  Out of touch people wear miss-matched socks; they wear sweaters that are buttoned crooked.  They order the wrong things in restaurants. Does that sound at all like me?  Of course not.  Thank you.

Therefore, consequently and Bob’s your uncle, I have placed my email address on the home page of this blog.  Go ahead and write to me.  By now you realize I’m not out to sell anything; no amazing car wax, or miracle kitchen gadgets.   I have no overhead, no store front, no inventory and no salesman will call.  It’s just me.  So go for it.  Even if it’s just to say, “Greetings from Germany.” or “Hello from Bolivia.”


I’ll wait here.

OK, this concludes this thought.


PS

Please note that this post only applies to you and not to those of you who have written faithfully from the very beginning.  

OK, now for sure, this concludes this thought.


No comments: