Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Bits & Pieces





Listed under: Things I never really thought about

            While cooking onions and mushrooms for our burgers I suddenly realized …

            Never mind.  I should let you think of it on your own.  It will mean more to you when you do.   Personally I found it amazing. 

 


Listed under:  The Old Man and the See

            It has been some time now since my lens implant surgery and I remember being asked several times up front, how do I want them?  Do you want to see clearly far away or close up?  At the time I was absolutely positive I wanted it to be far away.  I wanted to be able to read road signs while traveling at high speeds.  Whenever making a quick get-a-way, one must be able to make split-second decisions.  To that end I wanted to clearly read signs at a distance.

            The problem comes in when doing close-up work, like writing the hold-up note.  It’s always the same thing; have you seen where I put my glasses?  Excuse me, are my glasses over there?  



Listed Under: Chef Notes

            I altered my meatloaf recipe.  As it isn’t dinner time yet, I can’t say if it is a great success or if we’ll be going out for dinner.  The change I made was to add shredded cheese to the mix.  I figured it’s like a cheeseburger, only different.

I’ll let you know as soon as the jury’s back.





All Rise:

The jury was unanimous in suggesting the meatloaf was flavorful but nothing at all like a cheeseburger.  

          That process will not be kept in the recipe files.




Listed under:  Excitement and Fast Thinking

          Close personal friends of ours experienced a close call while dining with their friends.  One person in their party became quite ill and required immediate medical attention. 

         Two people stayed with the downed diner while the fourth overpowered a male waiter, commandeering his tray of plates and directing him to call 911. 

          Acutely aware of her surroundings and the time sensitive events that needed to occur, she quickly continued passing out the dinners to the proper tables, while the waiter made the emergency call.

          Completing the food deliveries and topping off various coffees, she then fled to the driveway, flagging in the ambulance and assisting the paramedics. 

          Everyone here at Blog Headquarters is delighted to hear the fast thinking and smooth responses of all involved led to a positive outcome.  


          Reports from one particular patron indicating he had been given the wrong dinner are still under investigation.  







           







           

           

No comments: