Monday, July 11, 2022

Webster's

 

Oddly enough, the very last word in my dictionary is sound.

I was just curious.  I see my brain as my resource for words

and knowing I will someday expire; I was wondering what

my last word might be.  Keep in mind, I did not locate this

last word on a normal page but printed on the back cover.

The heading above the word was Physics. 

Now that I know this, and assuming my life and this dictionary

are living parallel lives, the moment I hear myself say the word

sound, I’ll know that was my final breath and that I am out of

 words.

 


zc


1 comment:

Pauline said...

Nah........I don't think that is sound thinking! I'm thinking that part of your dictionary is missing. Like from "T" on. I would return that book to Barns and Nobles if I were you. You have been hoodwinked! Someone has pulled a shenanigan on you! However, it has been a while now - I really don't think that Barns and Nobles actually sell dictionaries anymore!! But wait - I think the cap is off my sharpie!!