Tuesday, July 26, 2022

The Power of Juan

 

Sometimes there are odd little things that happen and only later do we discover the importance of their sequence.  Some years back I purchased a ring from one of those mystical shops that burn incense and sell crystals.  The gypsy-like lady in the shop told me the ring was infused with an incantation to repel negativity.  I thought $3.00 was a small price to pay to keep my mother-in-law away, so I bought it.  I expect it was only through the power of suggestion that it worked.  Not in keeping my mother-in-law away but as a constant reminder for me to be positive.

Last night, while having dinner with some neighborhood friends, I felt a tiny flick in my hand.  I didn’t much pay any attention to it, until I felt something sharp.  As I was knee-deep in conversation with my neighbor I didn’t want to suddenly look away or appear distracted, but the moment I could I inspected the source of the sharpness.  Sure enough, a small piece of my ring had spontaneously popped out.  Keep in mind, this was a solid ring of metal.  No moving parts, no gemstones imbedded or anything like that, just a plain circle of steel, quietly wrapped around my finger, just beneath the tabletop, resting on my knee.

Being somewhat removed from the situation now, I find I must consider my close proximity to Juan, the person with whom I was speaking.  I don’t for a minute believe him to be evil, but I have encountered people in the past who, themselves discovered forces at work that exist just beyond the scope of our awareness.  This person is not only large in personality but has an aura that is easily seen.  He seems to be one of those individuals who can control his surroundings.  The room we were in was full of strangers from all walks of life, and yet I’d bet many of them never once saw him sitting there talking with me. 

It was during one of Sally’s walks around the neighborhood that she came upon Juan and Phillis.  Friendly and knowledgeable about all walks of life she found them both to be potential friends.  So it was through Sally that I met Juan.  He, like me, enjoys reading and learning.  He never has a problem keeping up his end of the conversation and I find I must be on my toes whenever engage with him.

I do not know anything about incantations, except that they have a specified lifetime.  They eventually dissipate.  Other than time itself, there are other forces that can disrupt a spell.  I believe that by sitting so close to Juan, that it was his power that not only broke down the incantation in my ring but actually broke through the metal as well. I never for a minute believe this was an intentional act, but simply a situational exposure.






 

No comments: