Saturday, March 27, 2021

From inside Looking out

 


Today's the day you didn't write to me.

I know, because I climbed inside my mailbox and looked

around just to make sure.

At first I thought, well... maybe the postage

fell off on the way here.  It could happen. 

The postal worker would see the glue residue 

from the stamp but know that even 

though you had put a stamp, now that it wasn't there, 

well... he also knows that according to

 Postal Code 19/b

you can't send something on a lick & a promise.

There must be an actual postage stamp.

Then I got to thinking, maybe you had every intention

of writing to me, but your favorite Lucy rerun

came on, where the chocolate is coming 

down the conveyer, and it is going faster

and faster.  Well, I have seen enough Mattlocks

and Perry Masons to know you have to prove

intent.  I can't really prove you intended

to write to me.

That leaves hiring practices.  I know the Post

Office hires wounded Vets.  I also know now that,

Vets means military and not veterinarians, and depending

 on the wound and it's affect on

one's mental ability to cognitively organize house

numbers, so they aren't all jumbled up or

reversed dyslexidly, 

well... in short - your letter to me could be

in one of the mailboxes down the street.




 better go check.



 

 









No comments: