Sunday, December 1, 2019

Blips




Blips on the Screen

Some friends I thought I would have for a lifetime turned out to be no more than blips on the screen.  They came into my life as warm butter joining a slice of fresh bread and we quickly became one entity.

Somewhere in a flicker of darkness they became memories, leaving me a little less than I was before.  I would have told them about you, your sense of humor - your smile.  I would have explained to them that you read my blog and sometimes you write back and we laugh at the silliness.

They used to point out my spelling errors and of course my punctuation.  They never let me slide on improper sentence structure or changing tenses in the middle of a paragraph.

Boy - they were annoying little blips.



Awareness

I believe it to be the single most important attribute you can have.  Without it you become victim to skulduggery and remain prey to no-good-nicks.  Nurture it, however, and universal understanding envelopes you.

Having a keen awareness, along with a handy carrying case is priceless.  It lends you a certain air but not one so offensive that no one will sit sit next to you on the plane.

Complete and total understanding will help you to identify redundancies.  You will notice the world around you with every step, from the tiny ant - thankful for your awkward stride, to the spider lowering itself from the ceiling just above your head as you sit viewing this screen.

HA!  Made you look.




zc




No comments: