Saturday, September 22, 2018

Writer's Room (for improvement)


I use to think that in the proper setting I'd be able to write and write and write for days on end.  I would be inspired far beyond the margins, leaving concerns over grammar and punctuation behind, leaving nouns to fend for themselves, and participles dangling.

Sadly, having been here for over a week I've discovered my feet are cold.  Maybe I'll put on some socks and then sit down to write something.  Oh, you're getting a snack, maybe I'll get something too, then I'll write.

The things my mind sees when looking out at the ocean are the things mankind has always seen and that is simply an endless array of questions tumbling up on shore.  Questions of origin,  of physics, science and space.  Just contemplating the entire universe that exists within a tablespoon of sea water boggles my mind.

The realization that perhaps I haven't a writer's soul has struck me.  Maybe, at my core I am nothing more than a procrastinator,  however skilled at the art of it, a procrastinator none the less.

In light of this epiphany I still my pen and take leave of your monitor.  You have been a worthy and understanding audience and for that I thank you.

I shall utilize this time away to take stock, to more closely examine Zobostic Corwin, abilities and shortcomings alike.  As in any journey of discovery I will be sure to pack a sandwich and a refreshing beverage.  And trust me, it won't be like last time when I got all weird and signed that petition for a mandatory waiting period before you could buy a vowel.  What on earth was I thinking? and sometimes why.




Hey...
Maybe I'll take up painting.  Think about it... I could be the first artist to actually paint punctuation into his work.  I could separate furniture with commas.  I could paint a still-life, adding a dash to the Tabasco sauce label -   


I'd paint big, fluffy commas at each end of the couch.








No comments: