Thursday, September 6, 2018

It's Not My Area





OK, so we’re sitting in a restaurant enjoying a nice lunch.  At one point early on, my glass of Coke is empty.  I would like a refill.  

Throughout our time there several waiters and waitresses pass by, each one noticing my empty glass which I have conveniently scooted towards the edge of the table.

No one stops, no one cares.  It’s not their area.

Now I’m sitting there thinking about that saying –
There’s no i in team.

Apparently there’s no teamwork in the food business.  I begin to wonder why that is.   I mean, I get why restaurants are divided into sections, but what’s preventing Larry, when passing Linda the next time from saying, “I gave table 22 a refill on his Coke.”

Now Linda is informed; the customer has been served, and except for the terrible music playing over the crackly sound system, all is right with the world.

Suddenly there is teamwork in the food industry.




What will they think of next?



No comments: