Saturday, February 20, 2016

T.O.D. 20:18

        They had called everyone’s name
 
The nurses had checked the sign-in sheet
and yet he waited
 
        The staff was itching to call it a day
some of the Doctor’s had already gone
yet he waited
 
        “Someone needs to go out there,
ask his name – who is he here to see?"
 
Lights in the rest of the building were being
turned out
 
        The annoying background music had run its course
and the silence was now eerie
 
        Aggravation taking hold -
Mary entered the waiting room
 
“Excuse me Sir, did you have an appointment?”
 
No answer came – no acknowledgement
for his waiting had also run its course

 
 
- - - - - -
 
 


We believe what the author is talking about here is the cold isolation that awaits us all.  Each of us unable to catch the second hand, failing to decipher the scribbled note we find in the bottom of our coat pocket, yet knowing it is somehow important.


 

- - - - - - -

 

Well I don't think that's what he's saying at all.
             I believe its an indictment of our society's excessive
              use of Post-it notes.  Each of us abandoning our own
          cognitive ability and relying too much on external media.
         The less self reliant each of us becomes the more likely
       we are to fall through the cracks like this poor chump did.
 
- - - - - - -
 
"I just found it depressing.  Also, I like it better
when there's pictures.
I'd like to see a picture of the note found in the pocket.

I should also add that after years of using Post-its
I discovered there really isn't any need to lick them first." 
 
 


 
 
       

1 comment:

Pauline said...

As a post-it aficionado I could have let you in on that secret! Actually the yellow ones taste like Lemon!! he he