Wednesday, January 27, 2016

I'm going to need some brushes


A pokey bush did snag my sock

Its thorn snuck in and stung me

A posse caught me with a horse

so with a rope they hung me

A nurse’s aide did hear my call

A glass of water brung me

My English teacher read this poem

upon my head she thumped me

 

I’ll never get apostrophes

And my tenses doesn’t matter

Periods are at the end

While commas – I just scatter

Pronouns haven’t got a pulse

They're not the main attraction

Verbs – now they’re the ones to watch

For they get all the action

 

A writer I don’t think I’ll be

There’s too much going on –

Maybe painting - that’s for me

Something, something…

yawn.

 

 


    


                  OK, maybe not.

 

 

 

1 comment:

Pauline said...

I Love It! Good are YOU!! To quote Yoda!