Monday, March 16, 2015

A Day at the Park

There’s a sad Whippoorwill in the Hummingbird Tree
Not very dressed up with no place to be –
Even the breeze - seems a bit lack-a-daze
Without motivation to chase out the haze
I with my coffee sit close to the ground
Appearing somewhat - to be an old man –
Rhyming the words my scatter-brain found
With note pad and pen in my hand
A far stretch of grass between me and my youth
A Frisbee gets spun to the air
This sad Whippoorwill’s a bit long in the tooth
I should take a good comb to my hair
A tiny gold locket breaks free to the ground
Unnoticed it lay by the swings
Delighted in deed - the raven bird found
And carries it high on the wing
Not so far away - a stroller wheel squeaks
And lulls the small child to sleep
Annoying I find - what I’ve written down
is nothing that I plan to keep
Just at the margin - I scribble a Bee
In time I’ll forget what it meant
A day at the park - though not caffeine free
Oh where have the Hummingbirds went?
 
 
 
 
(Now that's going to fester)

 
 
 
 


No comments: