Wednesday, August 13, 2014

New Kids in Town



It’s a new town to us so everything and everyone we meet is fresh and clean and a completely new experience.  It’s like having a spotless chalkboard, or an Etch-A-Sketch that is freshly shaken.  Everything from this point forward is a first impression.
The town’s people will get to know us and slowly we’ll begin to understand them.  They obviously have the advantage as we are just two new names to learn, whereas we have an entire town to commit to memory.   I’m sure how we do at memorization will affect our general score.  It is the long run, however, that will determine our final grade, and whether or not we are accepted into the community.

From where you sit things will appear the same.  You cannot tell from my blog that I have changed towns.  I’m using the same fonts; I still wreak havoc with punctuation and occasionally spell something the way it sounds in my head, forgetting of course, about the echo factor.  All-in-all you should feel comfortable with the change for nothing here will be different.  I, on the other hand, will hopefully have all new stories to tell; fresh, different ideas with new photos and maybe influenced a little by the different smells.

Oh yes, didn’t I mention… we now live by the ocean, so various aromas I’m sure will influence my thoughts, and if you’ve ever been by the ocean you’ll know it won’t always be for the better.

OK, I bet I’ve just insulted a few locals.









No comments: