Friday, August 8, 2014

Dead Slow



If you’ve ever wondered what the difference is between slow and dead slow, have a look at my career.  

In a world where a supervisor is tasked with motivating their employees, I was always the one that got away.  I just never could get excited about making someone else rich.  I was either too analytical for my own good or simply too realistic.   

Consequently my career never took off.  It was always stuck in dead slow.  And to call it a career at all is a stretch.  It was more a seemingly random series of unrelated and completely insignificant jobs.   

Not everyone stands out in front waving a baton; some are relegated to the rafters, pointing the spotlight at the maestro.

I wasn’t even that guy.  I was the guy back at the spotlight factory, standing in the shipping department, stamping fragile on the box.

I’d hate to think what might have happened had something gone horribly wrong.


But hey, no matter how many blemishes there are in my past - my future remains spotless.  Full Speed Ahead







No comments: