Saturday, May 31, 2014

In plain sight



  

It is one thing to develop a secret formula and an all together different thing to know where to hide it.  Most of us would wrap it in a plastic sandwich bag, (Zip-Lock) then wrap that in tin foil and hide it under the rock by the mail box.  Nobody I know has ever looked under there, not even the mail man, who by the way took a blueberry pie from Mrs. Clemens’s kitchen window.  I saw him do it and when I asked him about it when he finally came around to delivering to my house, he said he didn't, but he still had traces of blueberry on his face.

But being as it is a secret formula and not just some general formula, the hiding of it becomes almost as important as the thing itself.  Therefore a great deal of thought needs to go into finding the perfect hiding place.

Some of you have already guessed what the problem could be.  How will we, the hiders of the secret, remember where the perfect place is?  After all, we’ll need to retrieve it sometime and when that time comes we certainly don’t want to be floundering about looking all goofy because we can’t remember where we hid it.

I can tell you what those Google people did.  They had a secret formula and they hid it right on their Web Site, under Secret Formula.  I guess they figured – who would be crazy enough to just type in: Secret Formula?

HA!  I did, and here is what I found,





The thing of it is, if she gave him the pie it would be one thing but to just take it, as if it were set there on the window ledge for anyone to just come along and bite, well that’s a whole other thing.


It just seems wrong is all I'm saying.



No comments: