Monday, April 7, 2014

No Job for a Buoy



Don’t make me be Captain
I’m not one to lead –
I say with conviction
I’m not what you need

Don’t wish to be Captain
It's not even my boat –
I’d bump into something
we’d no longer float

Make me a swabbie, hand me a mop
Tell me to clean things –
Bottom to top,

Give me some polish, hand me a rag
first sign of trouble
I’d raise the white flag,

Don’t have me be Captain
Don’t stand and salute –
When pirates arrive
Don’t expect me to shoot

I’ll fix us a beverage
Perhaps a nice port –
Relax in the cabin
We’ll have us a snort
  
Out of the way
Won’t know that I’m here –
Don’t make me be Captain
Don’t ask me to steer

I’ll learn to tie knots
Yell anchor’s away –
I’ll develop my sea legs
Won’t stand there and sway

I’ll climb to the crow’s nest
With spy-glass to see
What’s on the horizon
What could it be?

Using nautical jargon
and stars as my chart
We’ll cross every ocean
From finish to start

If you make me be Captain
there's one thing for sure
I'll simply stop rowing 
be your first mutineer.
 















1 comment:

Pauline said...

That is just marvelous!! I love it!! Very Nicely Done!! Perfect Picture to Accompany it also.