Monday, March 24, 2014

No Moving Parts





You have the easy part.  You come here looking, searching to see what’s been added, what’s new – what has he written now?  Has he taken any new photographs?

I, on the other hand, show up here to add new and exciting stuff – but what?  What will I think up next?  Can I write it so it is interesting?  Will it have substance, value?  Will it appeal to the masses or be aimed at a select few?  Will it be understood once it is read?

And what shall it be made of?  Surely it will not be plastic and hopefully it will have no moving parts.  We don’t want anything breaking half way through some paragraph leaving us with an incomplete thought or dangling participle. 

But then again, I cannot afford to construct sentences from stainless or copper.  That’s just crazy. 

I have seen those Hollywood types just make stuff up, as if it’s always existed and I was the dolt for not being aware of it.   Things like Unobtainium.  And on rare occasions they don’t even identify what it is - they just come up with some elusive gibberish like:

“It’s the stuff dreams are made of.”

Now I ask you, how lazy is that?

Another consideration is its feel.  Will it be light and fluffy, or perhaps dark and sinister?  And don’t forget creepy.  No, forget that, I hate creepy.  I just can’t picture myself writing something creepy.  Now I’m even tired of saying the word creepy.

More than likely it will be more of my middle-of-the-road stuff.  Take no chances, don’t get too edgy.  We certainly don’t wish to offend anyone.  After all, we need to remember the basic philosophy of this blog.

 Hey – That’s it.  That’s what I’ll come up with today, the philosophy of this blog.

Okay, here goes…


          This blog shall not be motivated by ratings.  No advertising shall appear along the top, sides, bottom, or even on the back side of your monitor.  Any and all punctuation will be random at best.  Your call is not important to us so hang up now and get on with your life.  We hope that doesn’t offend you.  We do not run coupons, specials or give discounts for any reason.  This blog is free and considered a bargain at twice that.  OK, this is sounding more like a disclaimer or something other than a philosophy.  Maybe will just keep our philosophy short and simple.

  No moving parts.



  Zobostic Corwin

 




(I'm sorry but that's not really a philosophy)

No comments: