Saturday, January 11, 2014

Things were never out of control




I can try to explain it to you but some of it may not make sense.  A lot of it has to do with timed or rather orchestrated events.  Okay, wait; let me start by saying that spirits are real.  We are here on earth with all of you.  We don’t have magical powers and just because we become spirits doesn’t necessarily mean right off we know what we’re doing.  There are no books or classes on this stuff, and because we’ve become spirits doesn’t suddenly make us smart.  One of the biggest things in our favor is that we can manipulate actions knowing what the long term outcome will be.  I’ll give you an example of that in a moment.


First, let me make it clear that we are not to be confused with Angels.  None of the spirits I know or have encountered are Angels.  That is an entirely different category.  They do have powers and they do wonderful work.  We, on the other hand…  Okay, just let me tell you what I did the other night and maybe you’ll get a better picture of the things we do.


I had come across a wonderful couple of people.  They weren’t married or anything, just neighbors, but each had lived a good, clean life.  I could see, however, that loneliness had consumed them.  They were going through their lives doing what they knew to be right but inside they were quite sad.  I knew this to be something I could fix and I did it with a simple dish towel.


The woman had set her book down on the coffee table and went into her kitchen to make a cup of hot chocolate. As the pan of water boiled on her stove she put the hot chocolate mix into her favorite mug.  After carefully pouring the hot water into the chocolate she set the pan back onto the stove and with a dish towel carefully wiped the excess chocolate powder from the rim of the mug.


Here’s the part where I came in.   As she turned with her mug of hot chocolate to head back to the den to read more of her book I gave her a mental suggestion to just toss the dish towel on the counter next to the pot of hot water.  She did this and just as I knew it would, the corner of the towel fell onto the hot burner.


As she quietly read the next chapter in her book the dish towel out in the kitchen began to smolder and then catch fire.  It was going quite good by the time she noticed the smoke coming from the kitchen door.


The thing to remember here is that we spirits can see mental snap-shots of future events.  I always knew no real damage would be done.  She, of course, called the fire department and other than several firemen tracking snow inside her house all was fine.


That, obviously, was not the event I was orchestrating.  That didn’t occur until spring when her neighbor cut a few of his prize Tulips from his flowerbed and carried them next door and rang the bell.






No comments: