Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Key



It was a key of sorts and the more I turned it the tighter I could feel the spring getting.

When the key would not turn any more it somehow made me feel good, and not just a feeling of accomplishment.  Exactly why I felt good I couldn’t say; I just did.

I didn’t give it another thought and just kept going about my business. 

That afternoon I cleaned out my garage, no small task, and after that I took several bags of empty cans and bottles to the recycling center. On my way back I made one stop at the hardware store but just to look around.  Its a guy thing.

Once home again I fixed dinner and popped it into the oven.  While that was cooking I ran the vacuum around the den and living room.

After dinner I put my TV tray away and cleaned up the dishes.  I leaned back in my favorite chair and clicked on the evening news.

I could tell I was finally beginning to unwind.
 
 

No comments: