Wednesday, December 7, 2022

The Home

 

Walking on a winter’s trail

A cold and starry night it was -

Snug inside my fur-lined gloves

Fingers wrapped in cozy fuzz –

Winter boots around my feet

Woolen socks seemed just the thing –

With scarf tucked in, I felt complete,

Then I heard my cell phone ring.

Who dare intrude on such a walk

and break the stillness of the night –

Who feels compelled to have me talk

I’m sorry, but this isn’t right.

Between my teeth I bite my glove

and slip my hand from where its warm 

A senior's somehow wandered off

a searching party has been formed

describing me as old and gray

said to search both far and near,

I calmly tuck my phone away - 

enjoying quiet while its here.









 

 

 

 

2 comments:

Pauline said...

I really love this one!!!

Pauline said...

Nice - makes one ponder.