Saturday, October 29, 2022

Without so much as a Good-bye

 

There is a sameness of days that leads me to question this traffic pattern of retirement.  The ticking clock has somehow taken center stage, and although the curtain has fallen on many of my friends, it remains that missed last good-bye that threatens any possible closure. 

It is without fanfare or even a bow.  Their act was simply over and they exited stage left.  

I, so far, remain to peer out over the audience, searching for the right line, waiting for my cue.

I couldn’t tell you what Shakespeare’s final words were, but the moment I hear that orchestra fire up, mine will be –

“That’s All Folks.” and I will be gone so fast that only my shadow will be left, spinning like some discarded hubcap.





 Not that this hasn't been fun....




No comments: