Thursday, April 21, 2022

The Hotdog Lunch

 

OK, so I’m laying on my back as I scrape the bottom of my boat with a putty knife.  Then, as I sand it, tiny flecks and grit flake down and land on my safety glasses and mustache.  Yuck!  I should have one of those breathing masks on, but I don’t.

Now I’m concerned I’m going to get Boater’s Lung.  It isn’t at all comfortable laying here under this hull, and the smell is something else.  I wonder if I could fry up some of these barnacles with butter and a little garlic?  It must be getting close to lunch time, I’m thinking about food again.

Just then, a massive cruise ship pulls into Hudson Bay.  There are colorful flags strung the entire length of the ship, and the wind makes them sound quite loud, like people clapping.

There’s an official looking guy in a white uniform setting up a little A-frame sign next to the walkway.  It says, Free introductory lunch – Today Only, Public Welcome.

I can already smell the hotdogs they are cooking up on the main deck.

I’ll finish this later.  I’m headed for lunch.




No comments: